This resource provides for the grading policy for all staff members. It includes our grading structure and updated pay scales.
The Ethical Standards Commissioner (ESC) will consider the following factors in deciding which grade is appropriate for a given role:
- the grading of similar posts within the public sector
- the knowledge and expertise required
- the skill required
- the requirement of the job to resolve problems
- the accountability of the job (what it is responsible for)
- mental effort
- the degree of responsibility for key processes
- financial responsibility
- supervisory responsibility
- training period
- working conditions
|Grade 3||Junior Professional/Supervisory|
|Grade 4||Professional/Middle Manager/Investigating Officers|
|Grade 5||Professional/Middle Manager/Senior Management|
This table outlines current pay scales. As and when scales are revised, this will be appropriately updated, and employees advised accordingly.
ESC follows the pay scales of the Scottish Parliamentary Corporate Body (SPCB).
NB: Not all SPCB scales are currently used by ESC.